Skybox Change Manager
Optional module for Skybox Firewall Assurance & Network Assurance
A powerful tool for complete firewall workflow management.
Support: Check Point | Nokia | Juniper| Fortinet |Cisco | McAfee |Symantec
How it works:
Capture information: The user submits a short description of the change request and business requirements. The user submits the list of sources, destinations or services that are covered by the change request.
Technical specifications: The firewall specialist reviews and completes the source-destination-port list. Then Change Manager finds the relevant firewalls and checks whether the connectivity is already permitted or not.
Validation: Change Manager analyzes the change request and validates that changes are in compliance with pre-determined network policies. Change Manager identifies any violations that will occur if the change is implemented as well as the associated risk level.
Review: The user reviews the analysis, formalizes the rule and objects changes, and submits the final change request.
Change verification: Change Manager determines if the change request has been submitted correctly. The user acknowledges the changes and closes the ticket.
Business and Technical Benefits:
- Decrease costs associated with firewall management
- Eliminate errors and misconfigurations during firewall changes
- Optimize the change workflow process
- Web-based workflow application
- Full ticketing system – including multiple phases, audit-log, comments, attachments etc.
- Finds relevant firewalls for each source, destination and port by change specification
- Checks actual connectivity by simulating the firewall access list
- Checks policy compliance requests against out-of-the-box or customized policies
- Automatic email notifications
- Allows integration with 3rd party ticketing systems